One of the big competitive advantages Circuit Assembly holds is our ownership of both our domestic location as well as our overseas production facility in China. Our business model and dual locations gives us the ability to streamline efficiency and customer service to deliver a high quality end product quickly and affordably every time.
While many companies manufacture overseas, not all have the benefit of owning their own production facility as an extension of their business. Take a look at how our China facility benefits you and your part production needs.
Our China Factory: What You Need to Know
Our China factory came online in 1999. At the time, we transitioned our outsourced manufacturing from Mexico and Costa Rica to take advantage of the lower costs and the competitive market in China. Manufacturing as a whole was largely transitioning to China production at this time for these reasons.
However, at Circuit Assembly, we've done it in a different way. We wanted to have full control of our overseas production, so our China production facility is a 100 percent fully-owned foreign company of Circuit Assembly.
This means that both our domestic operations and our Asia-based operations work in lock-step with one another to deliver high-quality results. This ownership model also allows our customers to benefit from lower production costs, but still have the high-quality end part that's so critical to their product.
Here's a look at some other facts about our China production facility:
- It's about 4,500 square meters in size (48,437 square feet).
- About 90 employees work in the plant. All are employees of Circuit Assembly China. In addition to more than 50 on the floor, positions also include sales, quality, general managers, engineers and administrators.
- Some of our Circuit Assembly China employees have been with us from the beginning in 1999. In fact, more than half of our Chinese workforce have been with us for more than 10 years. About 80 percent of the workforce has been with us for more than 5 years.
- The facility is compliant with the Electronics Industry Code of Conduct (EICC). There's also an expectation that all suppliers comply with EICC standards as well.
- It's ISO 9001 and 14001 certified.
- Our capabilities are extensive. On the shop floor, we have molding machines, packaging machines, sodering machines, testing and inspection equipment, and more.
The Benefits of Having a Company-Owned Factory in China
There are two main benefits for having a company-owned factory in China:
- We have full control over the source and pricing.
- We have full control over the supply chain.
These two benefits both translate to domestic design, engineering and prototyping, and then overseas production. With a strategy like this, we're able to fine-tune product design in the United States.
When it's solidified, we can then outsource production seamlessly and efficiently. Any problems or issues will have already have been resolved by the time we green-light production overseas.
The lower costs associated with manufacturing in China leads to a significant savings for our clients that they can then can pass on to their customers if needed. In addition to cost savings, all of our customers work with a single U.S.-based point of contact at every step of the process.
Because we own the production facility in China, our domestic operations and China facility are able to seamlessly work together as one. As a result, part runs with air shipment can be delivered in as little as six to eight weeks. This timeframe that can help not just save costs, but accelerate product development.
The more labor intensive production is, the more money our clients are apt to save by having products manufactured overseas. Our China facility also has a variety of equipment on the shop floor, so benefits extend beyond labor costs to include expansive product options.
By working with our team stateside as well as our China production facility, Circuit Assembly has a full arsenal of knowledge, equipment and expertise needed to take your part from prototype to reality. We are able to offer much more than just cost savings on labor due to both locations working in sync with each other.
Would you like more information on our Circuit Assembly production facility in China and how we add value at every step of the product development process? We're standing by and ready to help you take your product development to the next level. Contact us today for more information on how we work.